1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veganism - a sign of feminization?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ruryse, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member Staff Member

The usual thought process behind veganism is some kind of abstract altruism towards unknown, poor animals we are hurting. I conclude that such a naive emotional connection towards creatures in general is a more feminine trait.

Can it be the result of how women have gained more overall freedom in today's Western cultures, and men are forced to follow them because of obvious sexual reasons?

In other words, is an increasing level of veganism and vegetarianism the result of the effeminization of a society?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

softboober likes this.
  2. andersonnnunes

andersonnnunes Active Member

I saw my religious grandmother kill many chickens and other animals to put food on the table.

My female cousins and other women their age, on the other hand, said to me they were against making medical experiments on rats while in college. Would their thoughts be different had they needed to kill to eat? I think so.

Hailey, ListenNighGlint and Ruryse like this.
  3. Ruryse

I think so, too. But vegans only kill vegetables. Poor veggies. :(

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  4. ListenNighGlint

ListenNighGlint Active Member Staff Member

How about women who eat meat and were willing to kill for survival? Maybe they would kill more carefully but still... I'm not sure most of those girls really cared about animals. It's more like what's trendy these days...

5. andersonnnunes

andersonnnunes Active Member

Is that your dog on your profile picture? Would you be willing to kill and eat him to survive during a famine?

6. ListenNighGlint

I actually ate him last week. I like dogs with slices of lemon and Dijon mustard... tastes like chicken!

andersonnnunes likes this.
  7. stashik-metik

stashik-metik New Member

Ya eat veggiez only, ya get very sick. Maybe no rite away, but ya gonna get very sick. All deze young gyals dey eat no meat cause dey wanna be sexy ya know. Dey think eatin sugga iz alrite, cause it's from veggiez ya dig? Dats when dey go down da path of diabetes man. Evry men and evry women dey get so sick and fat cuz dey eat all sugga and are beein told FAT IS BAAAD, FAT IS REEALLY BAAD MAN! Good Jah save dem kidz.

8. ListenNighGlint

Hahaha!! You made my day @stashik-metik ! They do put sugar in a lot of food... sneaky bastards!

9. softboober

softboober Active Member

Ya, the current way of keeping and raising animals for food in a more industrial way today puts a distance between people and animals. It de-emphasizes the emotional connection between them, but it also depicts an image of some imaginary animal in the minds of people, one they can save with not eating their meat. They don't realize that these animals will die anyway, whether they eat them or not. It's a crazy situation, trying to save people from having to kill animals close to them with creating an industry of more 'faceless' animals, versus farms where animals have a greater chance to become almost like family members. And people turn this down. They also don't watch TV.

Ruryse likes this.
  10. Ruryse

To be honest, I don't think industrial livestock production has primarily grown out from such altruistic intentions. It's mainly for making money, as efficiently as possible, just like mass production.