1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red bearded Bodhidharma, Nordic influence all over the world

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ruryse, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Below is an interesting interview that sheds some light on a lot of connections regarding the apparent high esteem of fair complexion among people. For example, Bodhidharma, the monk who transmitted (Chan or Zen) Buddhism to China, is almost always depicted as a non-Chinese, blue eyed, red bearded barbarian.

Did ancient Nordic people spread their culture and genes all over the world, telling tales about dragons and using the swastika for ornamentation, or is it mostly just coincidence that these things appear in so many places? Why do people of many different cultures value the fair complexion so much, that they even dye their hair and beards red, to resemble these ancient noblemen?

[​IMG]

Is Ali Aliabadi on to something, or is it just some fascinating hoax?

softboober and ListenNighGlint like this.
  2. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

I think red hair originated in the Middle East, maybe in Egypt. So I don't think it was Nordics who spread, rather it was people from the Middle East who spread including to Northern Europe.

softboober and Ruryse like this.
  3. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

4. andersonnnunes

andersonnnunes Active Member

Hypothesis: because people often incur on the fallacy of "affirming the consequent". Example:

If someone was successful in life, then he buys a big SUV. (Assuming SUVs are so desirable that it is a given that anyone would own one if they could.)

Jack has a big SUV, therefore he was successful in life. (Ignoring that Jack could be swamped in debt and only bought the SUV to give an impression.)

softboober and Ruryse like this.
  5. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

That's a good point. When it's not the case of "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", it must be merely the case of reproductive mimicry.

@fschmidt , I thought what he said in the interview from about 53:20 on regarding modern Western culture and the manipulation through Hollywood etc. was spot on. They way the majority of these brainwashed people indulge in the pose of bashing themselves is ridiculous. And yes, I believe it's mostly nothing but a pose, pretty much happening the way andersonnnunes said above. If it keeps coming from the movies, TV and internet 24/7 that one can be popular and accepted by belittling their own culture and historical achievements, and embrace something else they aren't honestly interested in, then of course they'll do so. I get it. And it's happening in the entire world, thanks to the general nature of people and the growth in global internet usage. The mantra gets around.

6. ListenNighGlint

ListenNighGlint Active Member

Ok red hair stuff is interesting... :) I got his book, he mentions for example these mummies found in the Tarim Basin, China. They are 3000 years old. :eek:

Cherchen Woman, Cherchen Man and their (?) Blue Baby... poor guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like a Celtic couple and their kid... coming from ancient China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherchen_Man

Ruryse and softboober like this.
  7. softboober

softboober Active Member

Sleeping cuties. :)

Didn't some pharaoh have red hair as well? Those guys in Egypt are old as hell.

Ruryse likes this.
  8. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Certain Turkic people of today seem to be the connection between the ancient Europids and the East Asians. For example:

Tatars:

Or Uyghurs:

[​IMG]

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  9. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Ramses II. He still has some of it:

[​IMG]

10. ListenNighGlint

If he lived for about 90 yrs, I doubt its his original hair color... :)

softboober likes this.
  11. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

True, his then white hair was dyed, but he was a natural redhead as well.

softboober and ListenNighGlint like this.
  12. ListenNighGlint

Ouch... for some reason I find redhead men feminine.

softboober likes this.
  13. softboober

softboober Active Member

Why? :eek:

[​IMG]

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  14. ListenNighGlint

Ruryse likes this.