1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Language Learning

Discussion in 'Other' started by Hailey, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hailey

Hailey Member

I'm learning Deutsch so I can read german books. Anyone else learning a language?

ListenNighGlint and Ruryse like this.
  2. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member Staff Member

There's a nice little trick if you want to learn German quickly, with as little hassle as it gets. Find a very smart German Shepherd, and befriend it. You have to be patient in this phase, to be sure he/she fully trusts you. We don't want to end up being bitten. Once you are sure you two are best friends forever, hold your forehead close to the dog's mouth, and let it lick you, exactly 16 times. No less, no more. Once you're done, forget about this crap and go learn the language, for fuck's sake.

Hailey and ListenNighGlint like this.
  3. ListenNighGlint

ListenNighGlint Active Member Staff Member

Hahaha, I missed this. :) It's like how you draw an owl...

[​IMG]

How about Esperanto? @andersonnnunes had a convincing argument for it.

Ruryse likes this.
  4. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member Staff Member

Esperanto is something only people above certain level of intelligence will appreciate and learn. Because naturally, people learn the language (or much more rarely, languages) without apparent effort, through natural processes of imitation, as they grow up. Anything on top of that requires a conscious effort. You would need to create an environment for children that naturally uses Esperanto, so it would be the language to imitate and pick up. And for practical use, you would need to have the leading, most powerful countries of the Earth to use a langue for people to consider learning it in great numbers.

ListenNighGlint likes this.