1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High IQ people are excluded from society

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by softboober, May 20, 2017 at 1:47 AM.

1. softboober

softboober Member

A great article on how people with high above average intelligence end up being lonely outsiders: http://polymatharchives.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-inappropriately-excluded.html

It basically means people with IQ 150+ (Standard Deviation 15) become socially isolated. The loneliness thing we discussed.

It talks about the oh so well known and suffered maximum allowable gap within a leader-follower, advisor-leader, or spouse-spouse relationship for them to still work. The former one is generally about 20 points, the latter needs to be within 0.4% between partners according to assortative mating, or else... it's fucked. :p Something that is a non-issue for a person of average IQ.

It also says how high IQ people don't only think faster, they tend to think about way different things as well.

social-isolation-high-iq.jpg

ListenNighGlint, Reewier and Ruryse like this.
  2. fschmidt

fschmidt Member

I assume this depends on the culture of the society. In societies where behavioral conformity is highly valued, it seems obvious that high IQ people won't fit. Modern Western culture seems to be the worst case of this. In other societies where there are simple criteria for belonging such as religion, nationality, extended family, or race, high IQ should be less of a problem. This has been my experience. I absolutely don't fit in modern culture, but I haven't had as much of a problem in other cultures. And in terms of career, my solution has been that rather than join a group, I just focus on screwing members of modern culture out of as much money as possible, and this has worked out quite well.

Reewier and Ruryse like this.
  3. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Great find, @softboober . It kind of touches @Caamib 's article as well, regarding how and why those CEOs and politicians can be successful, even though there are much brighter bulbs out there.

Do you think that growing up and living for a much longer period in another such culture would still not reveal the same problems you have encountered in modern Western culture?

Now we're talkin'. What are your ways to screw them? Is it legal by their rules and laws?

4. Reewier

Reewier Member

Since I believe that money itself is a fake, manipulative tool with no real worth, I sure want to be able to do that screwin' as well, while feeling exactly zero guilt. :)

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  5. It is! :p *sigh*

6. fschmidt

fschmidt Member

I don't think so, but of course I can't be sure.

I am not going to reveal how. (Why should I?) But yes it is legal. The American legal system is designed to help the rich screw everyone else, thank God.

Ruryse likes this.
  7. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Do you think you would be able to be rich and allowed to screw people like that outside the Western world as well?

8. fschmidt

fschmidt Member

No. Business outside the West depends on personal connections and I would be weak in that environment. The West is legalistic which is something that I can take advantage of.

Ruryse likes this.
  9. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Is that something you're ready to give up once you find or establish a society to your likes? I would have thought the West was only legalistic up to a point, depending on the amount of wealth available to the public.

10. Shame on you! :eek:

Reewier likes this.
  11. fschmidt

fschmidt Member

There is no current society that I like that is a big enough market, so this isn't a practical question. I will make another thread about my view of business.

The West is still quite legalistic and these things change slowly.

Ruryse likes this.
  12. Reewier

Reewier Member

Stop me! :p

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  13. andersonnnunes

andersonnnunes New Member

I wonder how many people are driven to suicide because of that exclusion. I know of at least two cases, but I suspect of many more.

Ruryse likes this.
  14. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Did they make that choice because of mate finding problems?

15. andersonnnunes

andersonnnunes New Member

Both were recently divorced and I guess (from their blog posts) that they had lost all hope of ever finding another mate.

Reewier and Ruryse like this.