1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boiling Frogs

Discussion in 'Other' started by fschmidt, Jan 6, 2018.

1. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

I suspect that many here are from countries that have not yet felt the full effect of modern culture. You are like frogs enjoying the warm water, not aware that you will soon be boiled to death. Modern culture is no more tolerable for intelligent people than boiling water is. My former intelligent friends are gone, insanity and suicide. The same will happen with you unless you manage to dumb yourself down enough to make the coming modern culture idiocracy tolerable.

I jumped out of the pot of boiling water before it was too late. I jumped into the Islamic pot where intelligent people can survive. I realize that to those sitting in their warm water, jumping into the Islamic pot must look crazy. All I can say is enjoy your warm water while you are boiled to death.

Ruryse likes this.
  2. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

It's very kind of you to be concerned about people, and the frog analogy is spot on. I think most of Europe up to at least the Russian border is already lost to modern culture. These things seem to happen in waves. Do you think some kind of quick collapse is going to happen within just a couple decades?

3. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Collapse of what? I think you get cultural collapse first, then economic collapse, then military collapse. America is in the middle of economic collapse. I don't know how long it will take.

Ruryse likes this.
  4. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

I meant a collapse of society in general. I can see the cultural one going on, the economy and the military were also always dependent on the reigning power in the area. But the internet bridges even these different world powers; through it, the US has its foot in the door pretty much everywhere. Including for example China. No matter how badly they seemingly censor content.

5. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Why does the collapse of society matter when the collapse of culture is enough to make life intolerable for anyone with intelligence? Now is the time to find an alternative to modern culture. That is my point.

Ruryse likes this.
  6. ListenNighGlint

ListenNighGlint Active Member

Are the two completely independent from each other...? I would have guessed one (culture) was a sign of the other. :)

Are you basically saying that most people are robots, and the environment they provide depends on what program they run?

softboober and Ruryse like this.
  7. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

Don't you think the more people join an alternative culture, the higher the risk of it getting exhausted, distorted and emptied, just like how it's happened to the reigning culture of any given time? Doesn't the charm lie in the relative seclusion and intimacy of a culture?

8. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Yes, like rigor mortis follows death.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  9. ListenNighGlint

Ok what I was trying to ask was, if you gain control over the masses, will they behave whatever way you manipulate them...? You just change the religion or dogma, the "program", and their behavior will change accordingly, without them showing much resistance?

10. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Yes, in a generation. Just raise children into whatever culture and they will adopt it. That is how assimilation works with the children of immigrants.

ListenNighGlint likes this.
  11. GiantBillyGoatGrowl

GiantBillyGoatGrowl New Member

I mean I do see some reason why you may find the islamic pot better but from where I am sitting it looks quite shit as well. Would you mind sharing your specific pros and cons that would make you decide such a thing? And where were you starting from?

12. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

I was starting as a (racially) jewish atheist. I found modern culture intolerable, so I looked for alternatives. I discussed the options here:

http://www.mikraite.org/Moral-alternatives-to-modern-culture-tp835.html

I can't really talk to members of modern culture. They are too stupid, ignorant, and uncivil for conversation. The only people that I have found that I can talk to are conservative Mennonites and Muslims. I very much look forward to going to the mosque where I can talk to civilized people.

13. GiantBillyGoatGrowl

GiantBillyGoatGrowl New Member

I mean in terms of resisting modern culture, sure islam seems to be the winner. BUT, I don't see it as desirable. I don't particularly want my wife to wear a burka or to cut off her lady parts. Neither of those is necessary to maintain order. I also don't want to put my head on the floor multiple times per day when I know there is no god. So yeah, doesn't seem ideal to me.

14. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Do you know anything about Islam? Anyway, I go to mosque and support Islam without being Muslim. The prayer thing needs some explanation but since you don't seem to know much about religion, there is no point getting into it now. The main point is that there is no need to believe in a supernatural god for this. Muslim prayers are said silently, so you could pray to your favorite brand of chocolate and no one would notice.

Please throw out your TV and start thinking outside the box.

15. softboober

softboober Active Member

Are old religions really the most outside the box one can get? o_O

16. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

Yes. No one can really think from scratch. We all start from some context, some set of assumptions. Religions represent the various sets of assumptions that survived history. Each religion is a unique mental framework. I can't think anything more interesting and more outside the box than understanding other mental frameworks, which is why I love studying religions.

I'll add that each religion is the result of the accumulated efforts of many intelligent people. Even the major religious figures that I hate (Maimonides, Al-Ghazali, St Augustine, Martin Luther) are clearly intelligent people based on their writing. In contrast, modern culture is populated entirely by morons and nothing that they say has any value.

17. ListenNighGlint

How can you ensure that people join the kind of culture you want them to, instead of following modern culture? We're talking about the average person... how do you out-advertise modern culture promoters, to steal their clientele?

18. fschmidt

fschmidt Active Member

A good historical example is Saint Patrick who single-handedly converted Ireland to Catholicism. When he arrived, Ireland was primitive and pagan. Saint Patrick just began farming there. But he had superior farming techniques and other superior technology from Europe. So the nobles inquired about this. Saint Patrick offered to educate the children of the nobles about these techniques. But in addition, he also taught these children to be Christian. So the next generation of Irish nobles were Christian. This story is described in detail here:

https://www.amazon.com/Resurgence-More-Conquerors-Michael-Hari-ebook/dp/B00XGS5ZGW

This approach will not yet work in modern culture because modern culture still kind of functions. But after modern culture collapses, as it inevitably will, there will be opportunities like this. For now the focus should be on protecting religious children from modern culture, which is why I made a significant financial contribution to my local mosque to help them build an Islamic school for their children.

Ruryse likes this.
  19. Ruryse

Ruryse Active Member

The above one is an excellent example, because it shows three things that resonate with the current, modern circumstances:

1. Fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed, with exploiting the natural novelty-seeking tendencies of the majority (extraverts):
    Couple of modern examples: you need fancy cars to travel, smartphones to communicate or eat special food/diet to lose weight.

2. Greed—the delusion that "more" of everything, in the form of outside things gives one happiness:
    This is the most obvious, I'm not even going to list examples here.

3. The controlling power over people is always being spread with the help of advanced technology:
    Today's example: the internet and its devices.

20. softboober

softboober Active Member